California Craft Brewing Facts and Stats
- In 2014 craft breweries in California contributed $6.5 billion to the State’s economy.
- That’s an increase of 18% from the previous year.
- CA craft brewers are tremendous exporters. In 2014 1.3 million barrels of beer were exported out of California. California’s exports exceed the total craft beer production of 47 other states (only PA and CO had more than 1.3 million in production in 2013)! Talk about an economic success story. That’s lots of new money coming back into the state
- …and California craft brewers actually export a larger percentage of their product than the non-craft beer producers.
- During 2014 the number of operating breweries increased by over 20 percent.
- Today California has more craft breweries (570) than any other state.
- There are currently an additional 240 breweries in planning.
- California produces more craft beer than any other state. In 2014 approximately 3.5 million barrels of beer were produced.
- California has 12 of the top 50 largest craft breweries by volume in the country.