California Craft Brewing Facts and Stats
- In 2014 craft breweries in California contributed $6.5 billion to the State’s economy.
- The Economic Impact of craft brewing in California jumped 18% in 2014.
- CA craft brewers are tremendous exporters. In 2014 1.3 million barrels of beer were exported out of California. That’s more than the total craft beer production in 47 other states (only PA and CO had more than 1.3 million in production in 2013)! Talk about an economic success story. That’s lots of new money coming back into the state.
- California craft brewers actually export a larger percentage of their product than the non-craft beer producers.
- During 2014 the number of operating breweries increased by over 20 percent.
- Today California has more craft breweries (570) than any other state. In 2014 the number of operating breweries grew by more than 24%.
- There are currently an additional 240 breweries in planning.
- California produces more craft beer than any other state. In 2014 approximately 3.5 million barrels of beer were produced.
- In 2014 the number of operating breweries grew by over 24% giving us a total
- California has 12 of the top 50 largest craft breweries by volume in the country.