850 Breweries Now Operate in California
With 850 breweries in California, the California Craft Beer Summit showcases diverse and innovative beers that define a growing industry
September 6, 2017 – SACRAMENTO, Calif. –The California Craft Brewers Association (CCBA) announced today that more than 850 breweries operate in the Golden State, more than any other state in the nation. The announcement comes as hundreds of brewers plan to gather in Downtown Sacramento for the third annual California Craft Beer Summit and Beer Festival, taking place September 7-9, 2017. The signature event will feature more than 160 craft breweries and 500 craft beers, including new and innovative beverages that are changing industry dynamics.
The Summit will host two days of educational workshops, regional beer tastings, food and beer pairings, a hands-on exposition and “Tap Talks” with industry leaders. The event concludes at the Summit Beer Festival, bringing together beer enthusiasts from across the state for a tasting tour through California craft beer. Summit activities include:
- Connecting directly with California brewers and brewery owners to discuss California’s dynamic and growing craft beer industry
- Behind-the-scenes look at how craft beers are created and produced with additional classes on tasting, food pairing and beer styles
- Learning how the close-knit craft brew community functions and support each other in this $6.5 billion dollar industry
- Watching more than 6,000 beer lovers gather at the steps of the State Capitol to enjoy 500 unique craft beers from around California
The Summit will be held in the Sacramento Convention Center on Thursday & Friday, September 7th and 8th from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. The Summit Beer Festival takes place Saturday, September 9th from 11:45 a.m. to 3:45 p.m. on Capitol Mall
A Media-Only Reception will be held on Friday, September 8th at 4:15 p.m. at the Sacramento Convention Center for an intimate gathering with CCBA’s Board of Directors. Members of the press are encouraged to RSVP ahead of time by contacting Leia Ostermann Bailey: firstname.lastname@example.org.
About the California Craft Brewers Association and Craft Beer
The California Craft Brewers Association is a 501(c)6 non-profit trade association protecting the political and legal rights of the California craft brewing industry. The association was formed in 1989 and is the oldest state craft brewers’ trade association in the country. To learn more about the craft beer industry in California, please follow California Craft Brewers Association on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook or online at www.californiacraftbeer.com
California Craft Beer and the Economy:
- Growth – California is home to more than 850 craft breweries, more than any other state in the nation.
- Economic Impact – In 2015 craft beer contributed more than $7.29 billion to the economy of California.
- Employment – In 2015 craft breweries in California supported more than 51,000 jobs.
- Taxes – In 2014, California craft brewers paid over $56 million in State and federal excise taxes
Media Inquires: Leia Ostermann Bailey, California Craft Brewers Association, (530) 313-0378, email@example.com